Supporting extension ROMs and beyond...

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Mon Aug 11 18:46:01 CEST 2003

ron minnich wrote:

>>Where did the VGABIOS code come from (the binary thing we are talking
>>about)?

> which one.

The point was, is it a proprietary BIOS from a mfr of the
video/motherboard?  I got the impression we were talking of copying a
binary into the project, and wanted to know if it was a copyrighted and
proprietary work.  Or did I miss the point?  The issue is that just
because you bought the board doesn't mean you have the right to copy the
BIOS code, unless the mfr is specifically giving us the license to do that.

-Steve