VGA BIOS on EPIA 800

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Tue Aug 12 11:14:00 CEST 2003

Michel Belleau wrote:

> The current status of LinuxBIOS on the EPIA 800 seems to lack vga output (only
> serial)?

This is true AFAIK; I tried a few times to find the handles to enable
legacy VGA on this board and came up without success.

As I said, if I could just get a little more time to work on it...

The hard thing about VGA is that you can be 100 register settings off,
or 1 bit in one register off, and the result is the same, a black screen.

I don't know about the VGABIOS, maybe others can help on that.

-Steve