about VGA support in voyager2 board

SONE Takeshi ts1 at cma.co.jp
Thu Aug 28 02:26:00 CEST 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 08:14:47AM -0600, ron minnich wrote:
> OK, would anyone like to test out my fixed vgabios with the devfn patch?
>
> I will look at moving the table to 0x1000. I actually think there was a
> reason I kept all this on page 0, but that reason probably no longer
> matters.

I think the page size hardly matters, since nothing does paging.
What matters is the 64K limit of 16-bit segments.
I found it very clever that current code puts everything below 64K
and sets zero to all 16-bit segment registers. It simplfies the
code a lot.

It's also worth mentioning that the current code works only
if the "trampoline" code is also located below 64K.
On my build it is ok, but nothing forces or checks it.

--
Takeshi