Flash mapped to lower address?

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Thu Dec 25 19:39:01 CET 2003

Devi Priya wrote:

> If i have my Flash memory mapped to the lower address (0x0000-0x3FFFFF),
> then what modification should be made to linux bios?

If you have you Flash mapped to 0x0000 - 0x3FFFF then you can't use your
Flash as a Boot Device since the "SCx200 Core Logic module positively
decodes memory addresses 000F0000h-000FFFFFh (64 KB) and
FFFC0000h-FFFFFFFFh (256 KB) at reset".

Why don't you just get the application note "AMD Geode™ SC1200/SC2200/
SC3200 Processors: External NAND Flash Memory Circuit" and the Geode
data sheet from AMD? They explain how all this works.

-Bari