acpi shutdown + cool logo + nvram

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Sat Feb 1 16:53:00 CET 2003

Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> Is it allowed to insert a custom logo, instead of the tux one which is
> displayed on the first seconds of the boot? Which file is the definition
> of the logo, and is it the same format of the kernel?

pergaps I've found it, grepping the source:

on pcchips787.config I read:

#
# these actions put the pcx image file on the front of the bios.
# the image size is placed in the first 4 bytes then the pcx file
# important that ROM_IMAGE_SIZE be set to 128K or larger.
# The logo file is called linuxbioslogo.pcx and should be copied to the
build directory
#
addaction linuxbios.rom dd if=$(TOP)/src/pc80/linuxbioslogo.pcx
of=linuxbios.rom bs=1 seek=4 conv=notrunc;
addaction linuxbios.rom perl -e '@a=stat
"$(TOP)/src/pc80/linuxbioslogo.pcx";$$a=pack("L",$$a[7]); print $$a' |
dd of=l
inuxbios.rom bs=1 conv=notrunc

are there particular restrictions on the image properties? width/height,
bit depth...?

bye
thank you
as