Booting VxWorks from LinuxBios

Felix Radensky felix at allot.com
Sun Feb 9 04:28:00 CET 2003

Eric W. Biederman wrote:

>Basically to load vxworks at 0x8000 you just need an ELF
>header that says load me here.

Is this going to work even if LinuxBios itself uses memory
at 0x8000 ?  In my current setup (without USE_ELF_BOOT)
decompression of VxWorks boot loader fails at 0x8000 but
succedes at 0x100000.

Can elfboot handle compressed images ?

I'll gladly provide a patch for mkelfimage, but I'll need
some basic guidance, as I'm not familiar with internals
of ELF format. Eric, can you please recommend some
docs and code to look at, so I can get familiar with the format.

> And probably a bit
>of adapter code that switches from 32bit protected mode
>to 64bit protected mode.

This sounds a bit cryptic to me. Can you please elaborate on that.

Thanks.

Felix.