dump_spd_registers bug

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Thu Feb 13 15:05:01 CET 2003

dump_spd_registers seems to have a bug.

After it calls smbus_read_byte it does a 'jz dump_spd_reg_next_dimm'

Why?

Is it looking to see if the loaded data byte is zero?  if so then this
dosen't work because the 'in' instruction from the read dosen't set the
flags.

And even if this did work zeros occur naturally in the spd datastream so
skipping the dimm if you get a zero is bad.

I've modified smbus_read_byte to set/clear the carry bit on
failure/success and now dump_spd_registers checks that and that seems to
work fine.

Is this the right solution or am I still missing something?