How to initialize USB controller in LinuxBios?

riskin at 263.net riskin at 263.net
Thu Feb 20 23:48:00 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "ollie lho" <ollie at sis.com.tw>
To: <riskin at 263.net>
Sent: 2003-02-21 20:29:46
Subject: Re: How to initialize USB controller in LinuxBios?
>On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 10:26, riskin at 263.net wrote:

>Do you really have any idea about USB controller ?? USB controller
>does not require IP address space, it uses MMIO address space which
>is called non-prefetchable memory in PCI spec. The controller does
>not need any special init stuff. I don't think USB is supported by
>2.2.x kernel neither. Why do you insist using 2.2.x kernel ?
>
>--
>ollie lho <ollie at sis.com.tw>

I don't want to use 2.2.x kernel,but for some reasons,
I must use the version.

I don't know about USB controller indeed.
But why do I see "I/O" addresses in standard bios environment
on other boxes(not sis630e chipset),instead of non-prefetchable memory?

In addition,there are patches supporting USB in 2.2.x kernel.I have
successfully tried it on standard bios environment with 2.2.x kernel.

Thanks,
riskin