DoC or regular Flash?

Alexander Amelkin spirit at reactor.ru
Fri Feb 21 15:25:00 CET 2003

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out how to build and install the linuxbios on my
pc787cl+ motherboard. I read the SIS630 HOWTO and now I have a strong
feeling like I need to buy a DiskOnChip and that linuxbios can't be
put into a regular flash chip (where the regular bios is contained).
Am I right? How big the linuxbios is then if it can't fit into a 2Mbit
flash where a usual BIOS fits with all its bells and whistles? Or am I
wrong? Then how do I flash the linuxbios into the regular flash chip
on a SiS630 mainboard? Is the procedure the same as for DoC?

With best regards,
Alexander  mailto:spirit at reactor.ru