booting from usb?

Lee Causier LeeCausier at GameBox.net
Wed Jan 1 17:20:01 CET 2003

I would say that you would need to use a linux kernel with usb support
in to either (depending on what you're aiming at) load another kernel
and initrd from a USB device, the bootstrap that (more flexible) or just
boot, mounting the appropriate USB device as / - safer I would guess
(not sure) as you can always put in a CD with a working software set,

Bear in mind I may be wrong on this, I'm no expert, so as always, YMMV.