Documentation

sivakumar sivakumar.subramani at wipro.com
Thu Jan 2 08:26:00 CET 2003

I too feel that it would be good, if we have good documentation for the
LInuxBIOS code. Atleast for the generic code like startup and bootstrap
codes...

I too fighting with the linuxbios code for past one month, I feel that
we can have group of people (who ever interested) and the start
documentation for the code and the problem they faced while bring up the
Linuxbios. It would be realy helpful for newbie.

As my contribution, I will start the documentation on the  intial part
of the Linuxbios code (i.e., Bootstrap code and the Ram initialization)
Though the RAM initialization is not common for all the motherboard, I
will try to list out the points need to taken care for RAM
initialization.

Thanks
Siva
On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 18:37, John Allen wrote:
> All,
> I have been working with LinuxBIOS on my Geode for several weeks now.  I
> would first like to say, "I love it!".  If does what it is intended to
> do very well.  The only drawback I see is documentation.  After watching
> the mailing lists for these past few weeks, I believe that most issues
> could be solved with some updated and decent docs.  As a LinuxBIOS
> newbie, myself, I found trying to determine the correct option flags
> nearly impossible.  It would be great to at least have something that
> described what each option did.  For example, BOOT_IDE, BOOT_TFTP,
> USE_ELF_BOOT, USE_GENERIC_ROM, and others could be grouped together to
> decribe where LinuxBIOS gets the kernel image.
>
> I would be willing to help get the docs inorder, but as a relative
> newbie to LinuxBIOS, I probably know only a handful of options anyway.
>  Any Thoughts?
> John

sivakumar <sivakumar.subramani at wipro.com>
wipro