Help NS Geode experts

Adam Bezanson bezanson at netaudiotech.com
Thu Jan 2 08:30:01 CET 2003

Hi,

No actually I haven't looked at this utility.
National provides a Linux kernel device driver to talk to flash
on my development board. Their own utilities use this driver.
It provides lseek, read, and write calls to access the flash devices.
I ended up putting Linux on my development board using the
original Insyde BIOS and then wrote a Linux user space program
that utilizes that driver to program the Flash myself from the linux
command line.

I've switched to Elfboot now and still not quite right.
Does the zkernel_start have to point to the beginning of the
romimage in flash where the kernel actually is?

Here's an excerpt:

Welcome to elfboot, the open sourced starter.
January 2002, Eric Biederman.
Version 1.2

   200:init_bytes() - zkernel_start:0xffe00000  zkernel_mask:0x0000ffff
Searching for 16 byte tags
    63:rom_read_bytes() - overflowed source buffer. max_block = 31
init_bytes found 0 tags
Cannot Load ELF Image

Thanks for all the help so far,

Adam