[ANNOUNCE] mkelfImage 2.0

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Mon Jan 13 18:59:01 CET 2003

After a long and tedious grind I am pleased to announce version 2.0 of mkelfImage.
New features.
- One single binary
- Itanium support
- All of the code is in C.
- New and exciting easter eggs (err bugs can you find them before I do?...)

Available at: ftp://ftp.lnxi.com/pub/src/mkelfImage/mkelfImage-2.0.tar.gz

rpms can be built with rpm -ta mkelfImage-2.0.tar.gz
alien will make perfectly serviceable debs from those...

The decision to go with pure C is that it is both relatively portable,
and it reduces maintenance when I add a feature.  I tried perl and it
handles the interesting code only with the utmost protest.  Adding
checksums and other interesting pieces is much easier if it only needs
to be both coded in one language, and usually the C implementation is
much easier than the perl.  Plus C is fast :)

Have fun,

Eric