rom image dates

John Allen jallen at integraltech.com
Thu Jan 16 14:02:00 CET 2003

Ron, I whipped together this little script to add the date to
linuxbios.rom. Its ugly but it seems to work.

#!/bin/sh
#rom_add_date

date +%D > date.bin
dd if=/dev/zero of=two.bin bs=2 count=1
dd if=linuxbios.rom of=linuxbios_pre_date.bin bs=`expr $1 - 11` count=1
rm -f linuxbios.rom
cat linuxbios_pre_date.bin date.bin two.bin > linuxbios.rom
rm -f two.bin
rm -f date.bin
rm -f linuxbios_pre_date.bin

I also have added a line under the linuxbios.rom heading in the makefile
as follows.

linuxbios.rom: linuxbios.strip

    export size=`ls -l linuxbios.strip | (read p c u g size r ; echo
$$size)` ; \
    echo $$size ; \
    dd if=linuxbios.strip of=linuxbios.rom bs=1 seek=`expr
$(ROM_IMAGE_SIZE) - $$size`
    ./rom_add_date $(ROM_IMAGE_SIZE)

Do with it what you want. Its all yours.

John