C&T vga - newbie quests

John van Vlaaderen john-at-thinman at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jan 23 12:58:00 CET 2003

Hello -> confused newbie here !!

The linuxbios chat, I can follow but I am very intrigued by the vgabios
since it will help linux on the nanofront and advance my own thinman
model ***

I am writing a glossary right now and I need to know the difference
between:

vgabios, framebuffer and X

My understanding is that X is compiled into the vgabios and that a
framebuffer is a vga card (sun systems)

TIA, yeah.. I know

** I have an organization called the Linux Society, right now at
http://yahoogroups.com/group/linux-society.  We will soon be a postnuke
site and will be offering a lot of integration products based on
completely new ways of booting linux.  Devil-Linux is our standard OS
install.  The ThinMan is a trademark for a device network that seeks to
collect pennies from 6 billion humans rather than thousands from a
hundred million (microsoft)