Testbios, Emulator ?? -- for uClibc/Busybox distro

John van Vlaaderen john-at-thinman at nyc.rr.com
Wed Jan 29 10:14:01 CET 2003

Hi Folks -- I am getting ready to automate a busybox/uClib nano-distro
building kit.

I will be testing the distro in Bochs -- as soon as I get it working --
but I am wondering if there is some way to develop it for LinuxBIOS in
an emulator as well.

Its purpose is to create a front-end boot linux to support CDs Initrd
where the boot linux builds up the system safely to possibly hand-over
to another linux, including a new kernel.

That would enable a snazzy step-by-step install process which uses a
legitimate linux to build a more-legitimate linux from net-modules -- or
other OS.  The distro should be able to live in the bios as well.

The purpose of the distro would be defined by the needs of the
particular users, but I would be most pleased to be able to consistently
supply a fresh uClibc and Busybox environment, especially for newer
developers.

Thanks, John