DIP / PLCC

Niki Waibel niki.waibel at newlogic.com
Mon Jul 7 05:38:00 CEST 2003

On 07-Jul-2003 ollie lho wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 01:07, Niki Waibel wrote:
>> hmmm - on http://www.epboard.com/ you can find a PLCC to DIP adapter.
>>
>> i'd like to know if it is possible to use E32-0041 (PLCC-32 to DIP-32
>> IC Adapter) on a epia-m board with a MD2802-D08 doc (m-systems).
>> it seems that these chips have capacities of 2, 4, 8, 12, 24, 40, 72 MByte!!!
>>

> AKIAK, DoC doesn't come with PLCC package. This is the main reason we
> don't like a mb with PLCC socket.

but there is this PLCC -> DIP converter from epboard.
you can put the (dip) doc device onto that converter.
then you can put it into the PLCC socket.
see here:
http://www.epboard.com/eproducts/protoadapter2.htm#PLCCtoDIPAdapter
product number: E32-0041

> I may be wrong but doesn't epia-m come with 2 sockets one for Flash the
> other for DoC ?

i ordered 2 boards -- will tell you soon :)
but i think there is only 1 PLCC socket.
(maybe the older boards had a DIP socket...)