elfboot

Xavier Pegenaute xpegenaute at telepolis.es
Mon Jul 7 12:36:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

any one can help me with this ?

I was thinking that after crt0.S in ROMBASE (0x80000 for Matsonic) copy
the LinuxBios (the payload) into DRAM (RAMBASE 0x4000 for Matsonic)
follow the code to hardwaremain() initialitizing all hardware and arrive
in write_tables that prepare the memory to let information about the
hardware to the next O.S., and now we can choose between:

1) We want start an ELF binary (not payload) that is in DoC (p.e.) after
LinuxBios. Then we execute elfboot() that look inside the ROM for the
next code starting with a valid ELF header, build the segments, copy the
segments and give the control to the program.

No problem in this case, i think.

2) We want start a Linux Kernel that is recorded (neither payload) after
LinuxBios binary in DoC (p.e.), then we execute linuxbiosmain() and in
the end of this function we make a long jump to 0x90000.

Here, i don't see what function in linuxbiosmain() copy the code of
Kernel to DRAM.Any one know it ?

Thanks.
Xavi.