Any EPIA etherboot success stories?

SONE Takeshi ts1 at cma.co.jp
Fri Jul 11 03:07:00 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 05:12:25PM -0700, David Hendricks wrote:
> EPIA howto? I must've overlooked it in my extensive Googling.

Look at freebios/HOWTO directory of your freebios tree.
I thought you've been aware of it.

> I tried fff80000 because when I run flash_rom, it finds my SST28SF040A at
> that address. I did notice, however, that you and Sone used fffc0000 for
> the zkernel_start address. fff80000 does not seem to work at all, so I
> guess the Epia specifically looks for that address.

SST28SF040A is 512KByte (4Mbit).
I'm using 256KB part and as far as I know EPIA comes with 256KB part
installed so it's standard for EPIA.
If you use the 512KB part, you must change other values in the config.

--
Takeshi