K8 + 2.4.21 + Tyan S2880

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Sat Jul 19 00:22:00 CEST 2003

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> Eric,
>
> My boss has said that I can release the source code to you.
>
> Please find out the patch I made. Make the diff to today's tree.
>
> I didn't test RON new script and still use the old scripts tools.
>
> I strip out the LSI scsi support, because I don't know if there is any
> license problem, and I have referred to their documents and may need put
> their FW in the ROM.
>
> It's greater you add ops->enable function that make it easy to handle
> special device. To some device if it is not gotten magic code, it will not
> get the resource allocate to it. Before that I have to do it in init
> function and re-allocate the resource to it again. Please refer to my old
> amd8131_ioapic.c in southbridge/amd8111. Also you init the io_base, upper16
> reg, otherwise the device in PCIX will not got io port allocated to them,
> and will not work.
>
> I have tested Stefan's the code about coherent_ht.c, and add some hardcode
> to it.
> coherent_ht.o.c is the original one. Coherent_ht.1.c is total hardcode one.
> coherent_ht.c and coherent_ht.2.c are modified with some hardcode ones.
>
> raminit.c and raminit.1.c are till the hardcode one, and I have tried to use
> the configurable one, but auto.c can not be compiled, it is too big and used
> up REG?
> The old one has been renamed to raminit.o.c.
>
> To start other cpus, in auto.c  We must enable apic and make sure all
> apic_id is right. Please refer to mainboard/tyan/s2880/auto.c boot_cpu
> function.
>
> Again, thank you all to answer my questions to help Tyan s2880 work with
> LinuxBIOS.

Welcome.

You have the most interesting time.  Your stuff always seems to come in
just as I am about to walk away for the day.

I have just gotten SMP working in my tree and that is checked in.

I did the fun thing and am using the apic timer as my timer.  It has
the nice property of working without calibration because it is based
on the FSB clock, which on the Opteron is fixed at 200Mhz.  And as a
very cool thing I have that code compiling both ways.

More later, Good Night.

Eric