K8 + 2.4.21 + Tyan S2880

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Mon Jul 21 21:19:00 CEST 2003

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> Eric,
>
> In the auto.c, if I enable : sdram_initialize(&cpu1), the linuxbios need
> another 20k. What happened? Only add one line and the same function has been
> called ???

All functions are inline and the set of functions called is large.
At least I believe that is the issue.

And good luck catching up....

While I am away you get a chance.  My latest code has changed sdram_initialize
one more time to take a cpu count parameter.

And perversely this should help because if a function is called in a loop
it will only be inlined once instead of multiple times.

Eric