new config tool, static and dynamic trees

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Jul 24 10:37:00 CEST 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> I am still fighting this, since it broke NLBConfig in a way that is
> probably not worth fixing (it's missing the static_root completely,
> and we might not want to keep that in a generated file as well as in
> the config file):

our mistake. We need to get greg to #ifdef that for now until we all cut
over.

> The new config method fails, but I can't seem to find the wrong line in
> the config file.
>
> ~/LinuxBIOS/freebios2/targets> ./buildtarget arima/hdama/
> Configuring TARGET hdama
> Will place Makefile, crt0.S, etc. in arima/hdama/hdama
> Configuring ROMIMAGE fallback
> Configuring DIR /config/Config.lb
> Configuring DIR /lib/Config.lb
> Configuring DIR /console/Config.lb
> Configuring DIR /stream/Config.lb
> Configuring DIR /devices/Config.lb
> Configuring DIR /pc80/Config.lb
> Configuring DIR /boot/Config.lb
> Configuring PART mainboard, path arima/hdama
> Configuring PART arch, path i386
> Adding init file: config/crt0.base
> Configuring DIR lib/Config.lb
> Configuring DIR boot/Config.lb
> Configuring DIR smp/Config.lb
> End PART arch
> WARNING: Option CONFIG_SMP using default value 0
> Configuring PART northbridge, path amd/amdk8
> End PART northbridge
> Configuring PART southbridge, path amd/amd8111
> End PART southbridge
> Configuring PART southbridge, path amd/amd8131
> End PART southbridge
> Configuring PART superio, path NSC/pc87360
> Trying to find one of '=' on line 153:
> >  end
> >  ^

cvs update, I fixed this yesterday.

sorry, this was a tweak to some of the initialization code.

I've got one more tweak to make today, but you should be able to build a
working image. The problem I'm having now is that the 16 MB DRAM fill is
so slow, any idea what would do this?

thanks

ron