Fixes for Tyan s2880

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Jul 28 00:31:01 CEST 2003

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Yinghai Lu wrote:

> I can send you the diff next Monday if you want.

please do.

> I add LINUXBIOS_EXTRA_VERSION to the Option.lb in the config. Use that
> We can diff from normal boot to fallback boot in the output.

very cool.

> Change some #ifdef to #if CONFIG_SMP==1....

thanks, we're still working on them.

> Also please verify
> 1. Several CONFIG_MAX_CPUS using in the source code, You may need to
> select one from CONFIG_MAX_CPUS and
> MAX_CPUS.....CONFIG_MAX_PHYSICAL_CPUS.....
> Since all SMP have been changed to CONFIG_SMP, and Will you use
> CONFIG_MAX_CPUS etc instead of MAX_CPUS etc...

Eric and Stefan, please pick a name and let us know what it should be. Are
CONFIG_MAX_CPUS and CONFIG_MAX_PHYSICAL_CPUS the same or different (I'm
guessing different due to hyperthreading)?

> 2. Config.lb in arch/i386/smp, missed secondary.S.need to remove the #.

I fixed this too, please make sure you have it as I have comitted it.

> 3. _RAMBASE default is 0x100000 in the new Config , and it is not
> working with SMP. In hardwaremain(), can not start the second CPU. Need
> to change to 0x4000 as the old config tool did.

Done and committed. Eric, Stefan, please make sure this is not a problem
for you, but it looks harmless to me.

> 4. You need to remove make.base.lb, since the function has been replaced
> by the above Config.lb.  the rule control make linuxbios.rom.

Done and committed.

I thank you for using the new tool. We intend to make further changes this
week as requested by Stefan. I am on vacation so this will not happen as
quickly as I would wish, but it should happen. I think we are getting
closer to the goals we set for the new tool. I know Greg is very happy
with it for his use on PPC.

thanks

ron