ADLO/Bochs and PCI config write

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Mon Jun 9 16:26:01 CEST 2003

Richard Smith wrote:

> Anyone have any idea why writing to PCI config space while in the middle
> of the Bochs BIOS with ADLO is running would cause lockups?

Ok.. Some new info.  Turns out it dosen't have anything to do with PCI
config space at all.  Its position dependant.

I can duplicate my problem with a macro of all mov instructions.

Depending on how many instructions over 6  I add into the Bochs bios
file (in the vga init section) it will either hang or tell me that an
NMI has been called when it calls _print_bios_banner.

Any ideas?  It seems unlikely that the bochs stuff would be that fragile
so I must be missing something.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com