linuxbios and bochs

Brian G. Rhodes bgr at gw.linespeed.net
Mon Jun 9 19:12:01 CEST 2003

I'm booting linuxbios with a adlo/bochs payload on a VIA EPIA 800. I have
also disabled vga in bochs so thatit does not hang when vgabios is not
present.  Bochs will load about 10% of the time when rebooting the system.
The rest of the time it will hang.

I am quite certain that it is somewhere in bochs where the problem exists
since I can load etherboot from linuxbios without issue.  The times bochs
does load from linux generally hangs shortly after lilo loads the kernel.

What I am wondering is if anyone else has had this problem and come up
with a workaround, or knows the reason, or atleast where I should look
more closely.

Welcome to elfboot, the open sourced starter.
January 2002, Eric Biederman.
Version 1.2

POST: 0xf8
    37:init_bytes() - zkernel_start:0xfffc0000  zkernel_mask:0x0000ffff
Found ELF candiate at offset 0
New segment addr 0x7c00 size 0x20400 offset 0x100 filesize 0x20400
(cleaned up) New segment addr 0x7c00 size 0x20400 offset 0x100 filesize
0x20400
filesz: 0x00000
Jumping to boot code at 0x7c00
POST: 0xfe