=?gb2312?b?tPC4tA==?=: =?gb2312?b?tPC4tA==?=: new config language.

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Jun 10 01:32:02 CEST 2003

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> Ron,
>
> Is there any MB can boot to execute into LinuxBIOS after copying it to RAM?
>
> The _RAMBASE WE use for E7501 is 0x8000, and the FreeBIOS2 default for K8 is
> 0x4000. How should I set the value to make the LinuxBIOS can boot into
> hardwaremain.c.
> It seems MB only execute the auto.c and crt0.base and can not jump to the
> right address.

???????????????

I think there is a fundamental disconnect here.  Except when
I miscompile auto.c the AMD reference board boots fine.  And in this
aspect the code is fundamentally the same as earlier revision of
LinuxBIOS.  auto.c just gets compiles into auto.inc

And I can't think of a board where I have had problems with jumping
to hardwaremain.  _RAMBASE should not strongly affect anything, it
just need to be in a location where the ram initialization code
always puts ram.  Only with respect to stack size, and the LinuxBIOS
tables should it have any issues with various locations in ram.

Eric