linuxbios and bochs

Brian G. Rhodes bgr at gw.linespeed.net
Tue Jun 10 11:45:00 CEST 2003

The initrd is 3MB uncompressed.  I require a few utilities (bash, echo,
mount, tar, and umount).

When the system boots and loads the initrd, it mounts hda1 which contains
a root tarball.  It then extracts the tar into the ramdisk.  So it
requires a few system libraries. c, ld, dl, rt (tar), termcap, pthread.

I think what I am going to do is just use linuxbios + etherboot to boot an
elf image from the ide disk, and move the partitions down.

Brian G Rhodes
bgr at linespeed.net
brhodes at visualcircuits.com
+1 612-741-1191