=?gb2312?b?tPC4tA==?=: =?gb2312?b?tPC4tA==?=: High-End Desktop Support

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Sat Jun 14 17:19:01 CEST 2003

"Yinghai Lu" <yhlu at tyan.com> writes:

> Eric,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
> >> 3. If enable RELOCATION: got error: It can not calculate the file
> size, and
> >> keep print " 61:rom_read_bytes() - skipping block 16"
> >The only difference in the loader that looks relevant
> >is the second PT_LOAD segment now has a size.
> >You are not running mkelfImage on the etherboot file are you?
> >That is only need for the Linux kernel.
>
> Yes, I didn't mkelfImage, I only use that to transfer kernel and add
> some tags, at last the ELF files is put into the boot server's
> /tftpboot.

Hmm.  Then you have something corrupted.

> In the Config, You said that 5.2 need all drivers to support RELOCATION.
> So Does the E1000 driver support RELOCATION yet?

Yes.

> Your snippet is for RELOCATION or not?

RELOCATION but that should not matter this early in the startup
because you die before the code is relocated.

Seriously the ELF header information was very wrong.  Multiple
PT_LOAD segments.  And addresses and sizes that don't make
any sense at all.  I don't know where to start but it looks
very strongly like your ELF image is corrupted.

Eric