K7SEM Serial Boot Log....What next...

roger rogerxxmaillist at san.rr.com
Mon Jun 23 05:44:01 CEST 2003

This is my setup using kermit.  I prefer kermit over minicom.  I have
yet to be able to get linuxbios booting (due to mtd issues), however,
here's my setup that works with the normal kernel boot.  You might need
to augment the speed to 9600 or 19200 instead of 115200.

/etc/lilo.conf contains:
append="console=ttyS1,115200"

~/.kermrc
set modem type none
set line /dev/ttyS1
set speed 115200
set flow rts/cts
set carrier-watch off

You also need to set the speed of the com port via setserial before
starting minicom or kermit.

ie:

# setserial /dev/ttyS1 baud_base 115200

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 00:16, Alex Scarbro wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 19:22:11 -0600 (MDT), ron minnich wrote:
> >On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Alex Scarbro wrote:
> >
> >>using hyperterm), however,
> >^^^^^^^^^
> >
> >nope. Don't use hyperterm, it's useless. You've got to use minicom on
> >linux or youu will find that you are dropping huge amounts of output.
> >
> >ron

> hi there,
>
>   Cheers for the reply.  I'll get minicom setup.  It was late at night
> that i finally got the K7sem booting, and hyperterm  was the only
> terminal on hand.  BTW, do you use any handshaking on the terminal (ie
> hardware/software/none)?
>

> Thanks again
>
> --
>
> Alex Scarbro, linuxbios at techfreakz.net on 23/06/2003