LinuxBios PPC-support.. U-Boot project

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Jun 25 13:15:01 CEST 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Frank wrote:

> u-boot's weakness is that it primarily supports arm and ppc
> processors. There is only one x86 board in the source tree and
> it won't even compile! If u-boot had more support for x86
> platforms, it would give linuxbios a serious run for it's money.

yeah but why do it this way. With the openbios guys, we've ended up
splitting the work: linuxbios does the cruft, openbios does the forth
stuff. IF uboot wants that command interpreter, why not combine forces and
make the CLI a payload, and linuxbios sucks in all that good u-boot cpu
stuff.

seems like we'd get twice as far.

ron