Booting VxWorks from LinuxBios - success

Felix Radensky felix at allot.com
Wed Mar 12 08:56:01 CET 2003

Hi,

I've finally managed to boot VxWorks from linuxbios
using old (non-elfboot) method. This required placing
linuxbios itself to other memory location (0xC0000 instead
of 0x4000) and reducing it's heap size to 64K, so that data,
bss, heap and stack could be placed between 0xC0000 and
0xF0000. To make these areas mapped  as DRAM and not
PCI,  I had to initalize PAM registers differently.

After I've managed to relocate linuxbios code, booting vxworks
was easy. The VxWorks bootloader is uncompressed to 0x8000
and jump is performed to 0x8010 (protected mode entry point).

If anyone is interested in more details, I'll be glad to provide
them.

I'd like to specially thank Peter Fox and Cristopher Stutts
for their help.

Felix.