linuxbios on sis630 - problems with serial console

Spirit spirit at reactor.ru
Thu Mar 13 18:41:01 CET 2003

Hello!

 I have compiled the linuxbios for my pcchips 787cl+, it works fine
 but i have problems with the serial console. The output works, but
 input is broken. :( I can see the linux 'login: ' prompt, but I can't
 input anything. If I boot the same kernel with the same parameters
 but with the original motherboard's BIOS, I do not have any problems
 with the serial console. What should I do to fix my problem?

 Another problem I have here is that 'reboot' doesn't work. It just
 hangs. I had to use acpi_reset instead, but I don't think that's a
 proper way to go.

 Speaking of acpi_reset... there are some words in the source code
 about the ACPI watchdog timer. What's that? Can that thing be used as
 a system watchdog to reboot it when it hangs?

Best regards,
 Spirit                            mailto:spirit at reactor.ru