Newbie question

Yann POUPET yann at yannouch.net
Thu Mar 13 22:49:48 CET 2003

Hi,

I've read a lot of posts, but haven't found what I'm looking for. I think I've understood that linuxBios is only there to be able to boot another Linux. Is it possible to boot the kernel directly in (from?) the bios then launching init, mouting HDs... I mean, is there a way to do as if there where no bios on a pc, decompressing the kernel just after power-on, and going on?
I'd like to do this, and 8MBytes millenium doc could maybe help me.
Actually I just need a fast booting system.

Hope this is not too much stupid question...