Config file/Rom image to Jetway B860t

Ivan Gustavo ivan at munix.com.br
Fri Mar 21 14:51:01 CET 2003

Hy, I am trying to port the Via Epia freebios files to my Jetway B860T,
which is almost equal.
I have also a Via Epia M/B to test if necessary.

About Why I am doing this port to my M/B, I am working 1 year for a
embedded system to the dentist area, and use the suck board from Jetway to
run my system, I use linux from basis and Xfree.
It not use keyboard, mouse, or other In device, only a nice Serial Infra
Red Sensor and Remote Control done by me...  Therefore when the power loss
(ps), sometimes the bios checksum changes and corrupt, asking to press
the F1 on the next cold boot, and how I does not have In Devices Up at
this time, my embeed system changes to medical trash :(
I asked to many bios manufactures to change it, so we told which can do
nothing to me, and how I know a little bit of Assembly and C, I will
help the project with my bios development , so I need some information...

I done a simple test config file and a b860t.config for my M/B and did
run the NLBConfig.py to generate the build directory. (Files Attached)
I done also a minor bugfix on the south bridge source code (to correct
wrong include file paths)...

Now is the problem, I do not know what file I need to use to write on my
BIOS, the romfile have up to 900k, and my  eeprom is 256k like many
others...

Some Useful Info:

lspci from my Jetway/b860t

00:00.0 Host bridge:                 VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8601
[Apollo ProMedia] (rev 05)
00:01.0 PCI bridge:                  VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8601
[Apollo ProMedia AGP]
00:07.0 ISA bridge:                  VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686
[Apollo Super South] (rev 40)
00:07.1 IDE interface:               VIA Technologies, Inc.
VT82C586/B/686A/B PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06)
00:07.2 USB Controller:              VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 1a)
00:07.3 USB Controller:              VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 1a)
00:07.4 Bridge:                      VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686
[Apollo Super ACPI] (rev 40)
00:07.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686
AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
00:09.0 Ethernet controller:         Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller:   Trident Microsystems CyberBlade/i1
(rev 6a)

lspci from my Via/Epia

00:00.0 Host bridge:   VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8601 [Apollo ProMedia]
(rev 05)
00:01.0 PCI bridge:    VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8601 [Apollo ProMedia AGP]
00:11.0 ISA bridge:    VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8231 [PCI-to-ISA Bridge]
(rev 10)
00:11.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586/B/686A/B PIPC Bus
Master IDE (rev 06)
00:11.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 1e)
00:11.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 1e)
00:11.4 Bridge:         VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8235 ACPI (rev 10)
00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686
AC97 Audio Controller (rev 40)
00:12.0 Ethernet controller:      VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102
[Rhine-II] (rev 51)

--
Ivan Gustavo Munix dos Santos
mailto:ivan at munix.com.br