IPMI support in Linux

Dale Harris rodmur at amnh.org
Wed Mar 26 17:27:11 CET 2003

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 05:45:47PM +0000, Eric W. Biederman elucidated:

> Which part of IPMI.
>
> IPMI is a weird spec where all of the parts seem optional
> that I have not seen on a stable production board.  There is the
> L440gx but I would not call that stable.

So how do things look today?  W.r.t IPMI and LinuxBIOS?  Has much of
anything changed?  Is there anything in IPMI that I would need?  LLNL
has their powerman utilty which apparently only uses LinuxBIOS:

http://www.llnl.gov/linux/powerman/

Heard that Tyan has a board 2721 that supports LinuxBIOS?  Anybody know
about that board?

--
Dale Harris                            American Museum of Natural History
Linux Cluster Admin.                   Div. of Invertebrate Zoology