Information about BIOS and the boot process

Ivan Gustavo ivan at munix.com.br
Fri Mar 28 06:25:01 CET 2003

        I am writing some code to fixup the video chipset trident
cyberblade and V1621 RGB->CS encoder ,
and also trying to fix the IDE_BOOT for my mainboard (B860T or EPIA), so
I am looking for information
about the real bios process, and about the layout of the common bios
files, and of course, any information
about bios as possible.

My main problem is to find good documentation about the post, the boot
process.

       I read on some places which the CS is set F000 and EIP FFF0, so
in other websites I had seen CS is FFF0,
 in other 000F , causing some confusion with me.

I need some documentation about 20bits addressing lines, and the GATE
A20 function also.

Tanks in advance.