Information about BIOS and the boot process

Deepak Kotian dkotian3 at vsnl.net
Fri Mar 28 12:53:01 CET 2003

Thanks Ron. The documentation would do a lot of good to
many in the forum for the new comers (including
me)
Lot of queries should get resolved automatically.

The cvs seems to have support of lot of motherboards now, but I guess,
the knowledge/experience seems to be with the one who have supported
those boards only.
If the implementator of LinuxBIOS for the respective motherboard
spends even 8/10 hours to produce a document of his flow or Design,
it would benefit a lot. To start with, If not very formal,atleast informal
documentations can  be shared in the cvs from everyone or somewhere
else on the site. Based on the various documentation , may be a good
document could be produced and shared easily.

These are just suggestions, there may be better way or means to do it
though.

Regards
Deepak