[epia] Unknown bootloader class

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Mon Mar 31 15:14:00 CEST 2003

Jarmo Tulonen <tulonja at koti.soon.fi> writes:

> Hello
>
> If this problem is not solved yet, I would suggest trying
> a newer mkelfImage. I have been using version 2.2 from
> ftp://ftp.lnxi.com/pub/src/mkelfImage/
> and that one works fine (I'm also using an Epia card.)
> I tried with the version in the freebios tree and got
> a similar "Unknown bootloader class" error.

Note:  Unknown bootloader class is a warning.

And is generally harmless.  It happens when some tweak or fix is put
in and the method the bootloader passes parameters is not recognized.

It should not prevent booting as the stub in mkelfImage knows how
to read the LinuxBIOS tables directly and find all of the information
it needs.

Eric