Runtime flow of LinuxBIOS with a payload(etherboot for IDE) for FLASHROM and IDE

Deepak Kotian dkotian3 at vsnl.net
Mon May 5 11:43:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

    How does the runtime flow of LinuxBIOS go.
    If I see the Makefile, the romimage is done using
    cat payload linixbios >romimage.

    1. Why is the payload stuck before linuxbios, any specific
    reason ?

    2. Is there some specific addressing rule one needs to flow
    when making/burning the payload and linuxbios , basically the sizing?

    3. I assume that the entherboot payload is also copied to RAM , is
        this correct ?
        If yes, is there a way to know, if it is done properly.

Regards
Deepak