Debugging the linuxBIOS code

Andrew Ip aip at cwlinux.com
Tue May 6 15:04:08 CEST 2003

Deepak,

> Thanks. I like this list for it's good responses.
> Could you please elaborate on "POST card", what is it exactly ?
> You are correct, I do not have a simulator.
It is a PCI card which displays the value of port address 80.  In
LinuxBIOS source, it is not hard to find, eg.

intel_chip_post_macro(0x11)

It will dump 0x11 to port 80, and POST card will display 11 on its
LED.

While debugging, you can record the value and search thru the source
to see where LinuxBIOS hangs.  However, you can't do backtracing with
this device.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Ip
Email:  aip at cwlinux.com
Tel:    (852) 2542 2046
Fax:    (852) 2542 2036
Mobile: (852) 9201 9866

Cwlinux Limited
Unit 202B 2/F Lai Cheong Factory Building,
479-479A Castle Peak Road,
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon,
Hong Kong.

Tel: (852)2542 2046