Yay. Keyboard

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Thu May 8 19:34:01 CEST 2003

I _finally_ got keyboard.  Theres a bit in one of my superIO registers
that handles the muxing of IRQ pins and some other functions.  The
default was not to have IRQ 1 enabled.

I can see where if you have mutiple sio's in the system where you might
want this bit set in one and not set in others.  However the current
superio config dosen't seem to have any facility for allowing
configuration like this.  You have to do it in code.

Perhaps we should add a few new superio items to allow for this? like maybe

struct sio_config_settings {
	unsigned char offset;
	unsigned char value;
}

And then in superio

struct sio_config_settings  config1, config2, config3;

That would give you 3 other registers that you could set via the
nsuperio statement.

Or perhaps a new function pointer in superio_control specifically for
per-chip setups that don't fall into the pre-defined catagories?

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com