jmp INSTRUCTION IN boot.c fails and resets again , what couldbethe reason.

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Fri May 9 14:59:00 CEST 2003

Russell Gower wrote:

>>I couldn't get the ram init to work at all with any of my DIMMS on a Epia
>>5000.
>>So I hacked my build to use the generic SPD routines for ram init, It
>
> works

Eric's code is good stuff eh?

Did you remember to change the row page size to look at the number of
column address bits rather than the row address bits?

>>a treat but i'm way out of sync with CVS now! and i don't know how to
>>produce the right sort of diff ( don't laugh) <g> If you tell me what
>>parameters to use i'll have a go if anyone is intrested.

Insure that you have 'diff' installed on your system.

'diff --version'

If not then install it.

Move your tree to a new directory.  Lets call it 'freebios_russell'.
then re-checkout the freebios module from cvs.

Move up to a directory above freebios and freebios_russell

Now do a:

'diff -c -r -b --exclude=CVS ./path/to/freebios
./path/to/freebios_russell > lb_russell.diff'

Note: my mailer wrapped the above line... It's all one command.

Then send that rusulting lb_russell.dif to Ron.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com