IRQ routing table?

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri May 9 17:13:00 CEST 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Richard Smith wrote:

> Do I have to have a that big IRQ routing table or is there a simpler
> LinuxBIOS way?  If not since I don't have a table to begin with I'll
> have to hand generate one.

If you know what values to set on the irq pin for each PCI device for your
board, just hard-wire them in hardwaremain, and set the router settings
too. You only need the IRQ table if you want linux to do all the routing
work.

> The microsoft documentation claims that the IRQ routing table is for
> legacy systems that cannot do dynamic IRQ routing and that ACPI systems
> should use the ACPI based method.

ah, what do they know anyway :-)

I saw that comment on ACPI but fact is, our newest mobos still have that
IRQ table in there.

ron