Debugging the linuxBIOS code

Adam Sulmicki adam at cfar.umd.edu
Mon May 12 15:00:01 CEST 2003

> >For what it is worth, if anyone needs MiniPCI Port-80 boards:
> >	http://www.pctestpro.com/post/pcipost.htm (all the way at bottom)
> >	http://www.costronic.com/Ev014mp.htm
> >	http://siliconkit.dnsalias.com/cart/tpcim.html
> >
> Another option is to use a miniPCI to PCI adapter which you can plug
> your regular 3.3V PCI POST card into.
>
> http://www.interfacemasters.com/products/pci_tools/mini_pci_to_pci/index.html

Yeah, but the trick is to find an 3.3V PCI POST card.

I finally got it from

	http://www.postcodemaster.com/products2.htm

It is

	PCI Version Part #PCIPCM-11

The one listed on their web page is an 5V, but if you ask they can modify
it for you so that it works with 3.3V PCI.

In fact I just got it today and I was able to use it to get POST codes
from IBM ThinkPad T23 which has 3.3V MiniPCI slot (I would use here IM300
MiniPCI->PCI adapter), and which would not work with my old 5V post card.

Also they have an MiniPCI POST card (#MINIPCM-10) which could be used
directly without adapter, but I have not tested this one.

--
Adam Sulmicki
http://www.eax.com 	The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers