cvs co error

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed May 14 20:01:01 CEST 2003

ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Wed, 14 May 2003, Greg Watson wrote:
>
> > I get this problem under MacOS X, since it uses a non case-sensitive
> > filesystem as well. I'd support it being fixed if possible.
>
> everyone who wants Config files to become Config.lbc tell me.
>
> Everyone who wants to rename the config directories as config.d, tell me.

Renaming config to config.d won't help as you will retain phantom
directories in CVS.  So the problem will continue, except for releases.

I don't know if renaming the Config files will help, either, but
it should as deleted files are not checked out.  How about
just Config.lb I don't think the extra c buys us anything.

In addition while I can see supporting case insensitive filesystems
supporting only 8.3 filenames is out.  We have files in the tree
that are too long already and it will be too easy to make that
mistake.

Eric