EPIA VGA patch

Andrew Ip aip at cwlinux.com
Thu May 15 00:04:00 CEST 2003

Takeshi,

> I started with a fresh checkout of CVS tree (since my current working tree
> is a mess) and made a minimum modification to boot ADLO with VGA BIOS
> to enable video on a EPIA.
>
> With attached patches, my EPIA 5000 boots into GRUB (then Linux)
> with VGA console.
>
> lb-epia.patch
>     This applies to LinuxBIOS itself.
>     Enables shadow RAM, adds vgainit.inc (it is harmless unless
>     HAVE_FRAMEBUFFER is enabled), and a minimum fix to raminit.inc.
>     Ron, please apply this one.
I think I will integrate this patch during the weekend.

> adlo-epia.patch
>     This is for ADLO.
>     Since it includes changes specific to EPIA, it should not (entirely)
>     go into CVS.
>     Note that this includes serial debug patch by hcyun, and EPIA
>     doesn't work without it. Perhaps a timing problem?
> pirq-EPIA.bin
>     This should be put at util/ADLO/pirq.
>     It was taken from LinuxBIOS, not Award BIOS (I think it makes sense).
>     Of cource, VGA BIOS is also required and it must be taken from your box.
Ron, would you check this??  I'm not familiar with ADLO.

> RAM is fixed at 64MB, as current CVS is.
> If you change this, you have to hack raminit.inc, as well as CMOS value
> in the ADLO/loader.s.
> I'm working on automatic detection of RAM.
I thought I have fixed it.  Check out northbridge/via/vt8601/northbridge.c

-Andrew

--
Andrew Ip
Email:  aip at cwlinux.com
Tel:    (852) 2542 2046
Fax:    (852) 2542 2036
Mobile: (852) 9201 9866

Cwlinux Limited
Unit 202B 2/F Lai Cheong Factory Building,
479-479A Castle Peak Road,
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon,
Hong Kong.

Tel: (852)2542 2046