debugger

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Thu May 15 14:01:48 CEST 2003

Hello from Gregg C Levine
A POST card? How to explain simply... A POST card, was created, (Or
designed), to display the activities of the computer, through Port 80,
while it works from power on, the final prompt. The term POST means,
Power On Self Test. It descends from the original IBM-PC world. They
are very useful, in this world, because we are creating the next
generation BIOS from the ground, or bare metal, up. There are a preset
sequence of events, numbered 00 to FF to go through. Each of them,
properly documented, can tell a designer why his new system isn't
working. And then there are a specific series of POST codes that can
be useful to designers, when running supplied diagnostics.

At least that was the case, about ten years ago. It's been that long
since I did that kind of work. The repairing of such systems, that is.

Okay, Ron, Richard, how did I do?
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi