LinuxBios + etherboot 5.0.11

Dave Ashley linuxbios at xdr.com
Thu Nov 13 16:26:00 CET 2003

>Boot from (N)etwork or from (L)ocal? 0

This is a bug in etherboot, it is getting a divide by zero error.
As I recall it was related to etherboot trying to use the normal pc bios
to get the current time, and the time isn't changing, so you get a divide
by zero or some such. Don't know if it is a bug or a configuration
setting.

Actually I dug deeper and found a patch to etherboot 5.0.10 that we're
using. In src/timer.c in the function currticks that doesn't just have
a single return, add this line:
 {
 	unsigned long clocks_high, clocks_low;
 	unsigned long currticks;
+setup_timers();
 	/* Read the Time Stamp Counter */
 	rdtsc(clocks_low, clocks_high);

The CONFIG_TSC_CURRTICKS seems to be related in some way.

-Dave