sis645dx

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Fri Nov 14 07:17:01 CET 2003

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 12:05:12AM -0800, Erdem Guven wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to run linuxbios on a sis645dx board. I think
> there is no support for this chipset.
> Can someone give me some advice about:
> - compatibility with sis630 or other supported
> chipsets

No idea about this one.

> - Is it a good option to copy necessary parts from
> original bios and past into linuxbios?

Absolutely not, since the original BIOS is not likely something you have the
right to duplicate, and even less put under the GPL. Please don't send us
code (disassembly) from it either. You are however more than welcome to
contribute fresh code that you've written yourself and put under the GPL,
that will get the chipset running. Look at the existing code for SiS
chipsets and start comparing datasheets, would be my suggestion to get it to
work.

//Peter