epia-m (600mhz) -- /dev/ttyS1

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Mon Nov 17 11:31:00 CET 2003

Niki Waibel wrote:

> ~ # setserial /dev/tts/1 -a
> /dev/tts/1, Line 1, UART: unknown, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3
>         Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 500, divisor: 0
>         closing_wait: 30000
>         Flags: spd_normal skip_test
> ===

Are you sure setserial acutally reads the info from the device or is it
just showing you what the current settings of the device should be?

Ah.. Never mind I just looked at the man page and answered my question.

from the man page
"It is important to note that setserial merely tells the Linux kernel
where it should expect to find the I/O port and IRQ lines of a
particular serial port. It does *not* configure the hardware....."

So I'm guessing the 2nd serial device isn't enabled.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com